No subject

phamm at lists.rhx.it phamm at lists.rhx.it
Fri Aug 20 14:48:52 CEST 2004

Hi,
I'm currently implementing Jamm.
I would like to know the differences between Jamm and Phamm at this
moment.
Surely if Phamm implements all Jamm functionnalities plus quotas (wich
is planned for next Jamm release), I'll switch to Phamm because:
Easier for me:
	* since i'm working on MacOSX platform, PHP/Apache is already present,
i'd have no need to install Tomcat
	* Since Phamm is PHP written, i got the necessary knowledge to tune it.
A very good caracteristic of Phamm (at my sense) is that it is based on
the same LDAP schema as Jamm.
This will make the switch easy when Phamm will be mature enough for my
use (Mail hosting platform).
Please remain schema compatible with Jamm as long as you can, and long
life to Phamm !

Tristan